The following privacy statement (Privacy Statement) applies to all information collected about identifiable individuals through Cortexo Limited’s (Cortexo) website (the Site) and should be read in conjunction with the General Terms and Conditions of Use. By viewing and using this Site you will be deemed to agree to this Privacy Statement without modification. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement you should stop accessing and using the Site.
1. Collection: Cortexo may gather various types of information about you from the Site, including:
(a) personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services Cortexo offers;
(b) aggregate information generated by Cortexo’s systems, which track traffic to the Site but do not relate to you personally; and
(c) cookies, as set out in clause 4 below.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you
2. Disclosure of Information: Cortexo may disclose to third parties:
(a) any information that Cortexo gathers about you for the purposes of meeting the requirements of the New Zealand government and its sanctioned agencies or departments;
(b) aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you;
(c) your personal information, when Cortexo believes in good faith that Cortexo is required to do so by law;
(d) your personal information, provided Cortexo has your prior authorisation, which Cortexo will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
3. Use: Cortexo uses the personal information it collects:
(a) to verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or login details for any of Cortexo’s registration services;
(b) to assist in providing the services requested by you;
(c) to provide further information to you about other websites and services which Cortexo considers may be of interest to you;
(d) for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including direct marketing, market research and surveys;
(e) for ensuring that you are shown the information that is most relevant to you and your interests;
(f) for any other use that you authorise; and
(g) in aggregated form for comparisons against other users of the Site and for analysis of trends for future functionality.
4. Cookies and Tracking: Cortexo may use a “cookie” file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file does not identify you or your business personally, as it only gives Cortexo details of your IP address, PC platform (e.g. Windows, Unix or Mac), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the Site from NZ or elsewhere). Cortexo may use the information generated by cookies:
(a) to track traffic patterns to and from the Site;
(b) to ensure any advertising is being shown to the most appropriate party; and
(c) to enable you to enter the Site and use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit registered user only areas of the Site.
5. Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners: Cortexo does not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Site and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of their sites or services. The Site contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as Cortexo. Cortexo recommends that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6. Opting in and Opting Out: If Cortexo’s intended collection, use or disclosure of your personal information is outside the collection, use or disclosure set out in this Privacy Statement Cortexo will give you the option:
(a) to opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
(b) to opt in to agree to be contacted by Cortexo in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the Site, beta testing or promotional activities.
7. Holding, Correcting and Updating: Any personal information that you provide to Cortexo will be collected and held on our behalf by Rackspace Inc. as our agent in the United States of America. If you are an individual, under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that Cortexo and its agent holds. Cortexo offers the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you wish to update your information or have any questions about how Cortexo services work or regarding this statement, contact Cortexo by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click here.